So, if you've chosen to remove bmw e46 double din, and bmw e46 double din install by yourselves and don't know where to begin. You're not alone…
The E46 series of BMW sedans and coupes are equipped with a variety of factory stereo head units, including double-DIN navigation units. Owners of BMWs with the standard single-DIN decks must adapt the aftermarket car stereo mounting dock with a faceplate adapter to accommodate the larger stereo replacement. You can purchase the faceplate adapter at a BMW dealership or aftermarket car audio retailer.
This installation guide walks you through the process of installing a new bmw e46 double din car stereo. Read over these guidelines before beginning the installation in order to give yourself an idea of what to expect.
Original stereo image
How to install double din in e46 BMW step by step
Remove the Old bmw e46 double din
When installing a new double din in e46 BMW, your first step will be to remove the old stereo. Pay close attention to the steps involved, for the process for installing your new stereo will be the same, but in reverse.
1. Instructions Removal
- Step 1.Raise the BMW's hood and loosen the bolt on the grounding cable clamp with a 10 mm wrench. The grounding cable connects the frame of the vehicle to the negative battery terminal. Remove the cable from the battery and set it aside. Move to the passenger cabin.
- Step 2.Pry the stereo assembly panel from the vehicle's dashboard with a trim panel removal tool. Remove the panel and set it aside. Remove the two screws at either side of the BMW's factory stereo with a Phillips-head screwdriver.
- Step 3.Slide the unit from the dashboard and disconnect the stereo wiring connectors from the outlets on the back of the unit. Press the release mechanism on each connector with a flat screwdriver. Pull the connectors free from the outlets on the rear panel from the stock head unit. Unplug the antenna cable lead and set the stereo aside.
- Step 1.Feed the stereo wiring and antenna cable through the double-DIN faceplate adapter while sliding the adapter into the vacant stereo dock. Push the faceplate adapter into the dashboard dock until it locks into place within the dashboard opening.
- Step 2.Plug the stereo wiring connectors into the wiring harness adapter leads. Plug the wiring harness adapter lead connectors into the outlets on the back of the new stereo deck. Insert the antenna cable into the antenna input on the rear panel of the new double-DIN stereo unit.
- Step 3.Slide the stereo into the faceplate adapter until it locks into place within the stereo dock. Replace the dash panel over the stereo assembly. Press firmly around the panel's edges to snap it back into place. Return to the BMW's battery.
- Step 4.Replace the grounding cable clamp onto the negative battery terminal post and tighten the bolt with the wrench. Close the hood.
- BMW 3 Series Stereo GPS Navigation Installation Guide
- How to Remove a Original BMW Stereo E46
- How to Remove BMW Car Stereo
- How to Install Radio DVD GPS Navigation for BMW 523
- car DVD player for BMW
Oemcargps.com,Offer Oem Fit Aftermarket Car GPS,Car DVD,Car Stereo for All Car Make Wholesale.